The species germinates well by hydrating them for 1-3 days or by scarifying with hydrogen peroxide for no more than 10 minutes.
- Stratification in humid sand or peat for 3-4 months at 3-4ºC.
- When the dormancy is double, it should be stratified in humid sand or peat for 2-3 months at 40-50ºC and for 3-4ºC.
- Pre-cooled for 90 days at 3-5ºC.
- Seeds are harvested in October and stratified for three months at 12-20ºC and then another three months at 5ºC.
- Stratification at room temperature, i.e., planted in the nursery beds for 17 months.
- Soak for 24 hours, maintaining germination conditions between 45-50ºC, in light. Germination days vary from 30-180 days.
Early Spring, Late Spring
Early Spring, Late Winter